Thursday 5 June 2014

100 World challenge Prompt #35 Oscar


100 WC Prompt #35 Oscar

My friend Jason and I were lying down with our FD-200 snipers, 400 yards away from a Taliban base with camouflage sheets over us. Troops, sniffer dogs and Jeeps are waiting, tucked away in the bushes.

With a UHF call from Lieutenant Johnson, I fire at a security tower. Sirens go crazy and the Taliban run out with AK-47s.  After a few seconds, troops and Jeeps barge through the gateway, eliminating the cold, black hearted people. As I’m looking through my scope, I see a guy with an RPG aiming at us. Jason and I stand up and start running.
I ’m glad we ran. 
By Oscar

1 comment:

  1. Helen Team 100WC8 June 2014 at 05:16

    What I like about this is the use of the present tense in the second paragraph. To keep the whole piece in context, it would be good to have the first paragraph in the present tense too. It puts the reader right there in the action with you. Well done.

    ReplyDelete