Tuesday 1 April 2014

100 Word Challenge. Hannah.

100 Word Challenge
The whistle blew and the last quarter started for the netball grand final. I was the Goal Shooter. The ball went up and down the court many times and when I heard the scorer shout, "three minutes left!!" I put in all my power to get the last goal to win. "Two minutes left!" I called for the ball. I tried to get into the perfect position for the perfect goal... but I thought I had enough time to shoot the last goal. The umpires whistle screamed. The game was over. I had let my team down.
I should have just shot the ball up into the goal...

3 comments:

  1. Hi Hannah, your story took me back to the days of playing netball in school! They don't play it here in France so it's been a long time since I've thought about netball.

    Your story is so vivid, it brought the excitement of the game right back to me. The tension is palpable in your anxiety to do the right thing, and well done for slotting in the key phrase.

    I very much enjoyed your story. Well done!
    Sarah Team 100WC
    Montpellier, France

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good story Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Sarah. I decided to write that story because I have started to play netball for my town. I am glad you enjoyed reading my story.
    From Hannah

    ReplyDelete